Remington makes popular clippers, shavers, and trimmers. The brand started making inroads in the electric beauty industry in 1955. Today, it is considered a pioneer in the industry.
The Remington Shortcut Clipper is the world’s first clipper that is meant to be used by guys to cut and trim their hair easily. It is an innovation that sets the standards in the hair clippers’ industry. It is known to allow men to shave and cut their own hair fast and error-free. There is a newer and better version available of this clipper,
This Remington product has a 3.8 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon with more than 600 five star reviews. That is more than enough to convince you that this product is worth it. It is a great investment and qualitative product which comes with a 2-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee. With the Remington name, you can be sure of the quality.
Table of Contents
Design And Specifications
This item is designed with curved blade technology. It is a significant leap forward compared to the traditional clipper design because it allows you to have easy access to the back of the head. Compared to the traditional clipper, it gives you a more convenient design because you can now do the shaving by yourself.
The brush design makes the Remington Clipper operate as a hair brush and when you swipe it in your head, it instantly covers a large portion. It feels like using a normal hair brush that follows the shape of your scalp.
Portability isn’t an issue with this one. It is lightweight, petite and you can easily fit it in small bags. It has a tight grip in the hands (while being used) and won’t slip easily. Cordless power is a good addition. If you want a clipper that would be used by one person, making it cordless is a good option because it will provide you a bigger headroom to operate.
It measures 2.5 x 8.8 x 3.3 inches and weighs 8 ounces (with a shipping weight of 1 pound). It is made in China and qualifies for free shipping if you purchase on Amazon.
The curved blade design is one of the assets of this product. It gives you a very neat cut because of its design. You can easily brush forward or backward and the blade follows the shape of your scalp, thus giving you a clean look with ease.The Shortcut Clipper’s blade is made of titanium and it is not prone to rust. It can cut forward and backward, giving you the versatility that you need.
Another good thing about the ergonomic curved blade is that it is self-sharpening – a feature that is a must-have to reduce maintenance cost. You can also wash the blades (except the body) whilst cleaning. If you don’t want to run it under water, brushing off the excess hairs would suffice. Maintenance is a breeze with this one and you don’t need to unscrew things to clean it. You have two options; whether to clean the blades with water or brush off the accumulated hair on the blade.
Power And Performance
This Remington shaver performs well and as advertised, it can hold its charge long enough. Although, one aspect that you might want to consider is battery life. It performs well during the first few months, but you will notice the deterioration of the battery life when used for long. It runs 40-minutes straight with a full charge, but as time goes by, you might notice a drop in its performance.
Performance is top-notch with this one. The powerful motor and the new brush design compliment each other well. With just a stroke to the scalp, you can easily shave your head (on your own). The pop-up trimmer also gives easier detailing in the ears and also to the neckline.
The quality performance given by this product ensures a clean and consistent cut. It gives a very decent performance when shaving the back of the head and the cowlicks don’t even need special attention.
This item comes with an adjustable guide comb and a balding comb. Take note that when you receive the shortcut clipper, the default comb attached is the balding comb. You might accidentally misuse it on your first attempt.
It also comes with a LED charging indicator, a low battery indicator, a pop-up trimmer, blade oil, and a cleaning brush. A guide is included for you to read and avoid misuse.
* The packaging is neat and it is easy to open
* There are several accessories included that would come in handy
* The size is compact and it makes it easier and more comfortable to hold
* The five-position zoom wheel can be used to set the length of cut
* The pop-out trimmer is used to cut the area around the ears and on the neck area
* There is a guide that tells you if it is already low on charge
* It is cordless. It gives you a comfortable area to work with
* The curved blade makes it hard to reach some areas on the head
* Clogging may occur when hair falls inside. You might want to shake it every other time to reduce clogging
* You need to get a separate carrying case
* The charging time is very high
* You might have a hard time using the adjustable comb
* It is noisy, but it gets the job done
The Remington Shortcut Clipper is a big breakthrough in the field of clippers. It gives you the benefit of barbing by yourself, without assistance. The performance of this buzzer is optimum despite the several cons listed.
If you are not bothered by noise, long charging time and the other cons listed, this trimmer is worth buying. Besides the innovative design, the self-sharpening blade, that is easy to maintain, is one of the things that would convince you to buy this one.
- Andis Easy Cut 10-Piece Haircutting Kit Review
- Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer Review
- Review of Remington HC5550 Precision Power Haircut & Beard Trimmer
- Oster Fast Feed Clipper Review
- Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper Review
- Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper Review
- Remington MB4040 Review – Mustache, Beard & Stubble Trimmer
- Remington MB4110 Beard Trimmer Stubble Kit Review
- Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer Review
- Andis 01557 Master Hair Clipper Review
- Panasonic ER-GP80 K Professional Hair Clipper Review
- Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500 Review
- 20 Best Beard Styles of 2021 | Long, Short, and Goatee
- Conair 22 Piece Rechargeable Haircut Kit Review
- Conair 20-Piece Lithium Ion Haircut Kit Review
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.