If you regularly shave your hair, spare yourself the agony of replacing clippers regularly. Just get the Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper 76076010.
Over the years, the Oster brand of clippers has built a solid reputation in the male grooming industry and many barbers use them to satisfy their clients.
If you need further proof, just go around a few barbers and ask them what brand of buzzer they use. Chances are out of every ten barbers; more than 5 would be using an Oster.
Some people call the Oster Classic 76 the “Cadillac” of clippers and I highly recommend it but you don’t have to take my word for it. Just read on to discover the features of this heavy-duty device.
Table of Contents
All About Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper
This product comes in several colors (brown, chrome, silver funkadelic, outlaw Burgandy black as well as pink) and has a 4.4 out of 5 stars Amazon rating. It has 1872 reviews at the time of writing. It has a dimension of 2 x 2 x 7.5 inches and weighs 2 pounds (with a shipping weight of 2 pounds). It is made in the USA and covered by a 12-month warranty.
Power and Performance
This Oster product uses a very heavy duty 45 watts powered motor which provides smooth and fast hair cuts, whether your hair is dry or wet. When compared to the 15-watt motors that non-professional grade clippers use, this item is a real monster and gets the job done effectively. 15-watt motors are known to cause hair pulling and jamming. Even though the motor is a bit loud and the clipper is heavy, the Oster Classic 76 cuts through thick hair like a hot knife through butter. It is exceptionally powerful; you just need to experience it to understand the quality of this clipper.
When it comes to blades, this Oster product comes with removable Cryogen-X blades. This blade system is exclusive to the Oster brand and it basically involves treating the blades to achieve a harder and denser metal that glides through your hair with a sharper edge. There are thirteen blade sizes.
But the product comes with Size 000 and Size 1 blades which cut to 0.5mm and 2.4mm, respectively. Make sure these are the sizes you want to cut at, or you will end up ordering separate blades. Blades are really fast and easy to change.
However, this product does not have adjustable blades. This seems to be a feature of cheaper hair clippers because many other professional clippers like the Oster do not have it. However, if you need varying blade lengths for your particular hair cut, I recommend you buy one of their comb kits; it saves you time and money. Oster comb attachments work like charm for different styles and lengths. I recommend them over the generic brand. If you invest in the metal blades in different sizes, your cuts will be much more polished and fade look immaculate. If you can’t purchase the metal blades, then get the plastic ones. But remember they won’t cut nearly as clean; they are good for beginners.
Design and Durability
This hair groomer is built to last (blades are replaceable and the motor is serviceable, meaning it will be around for a long time). It is designed for heavy usage (barbers and the like). As I earlier said, this product is heavy when compared to standard consumer models (but can still be mastered with regular usage). It comes in a straight cylindrical design (which makes for a better grip) while the casing is constructed using the very strong Velox material/plastic. The On/Off switch is a little strange but positioned on the back where it is less likely to be accidentally tripped. The power cord is very sturdy and the length is good. It never curls up around itself like the cables for cheap clippers. With proper care, this item can last you a lifetime (and this is no joke).
Instruction Manual in several languages
* Perfect for professionals.
* Does not overheat despite being heavy duty. If you experience the blade getting too hot try using some oil on the blade before you start it up.
* Blade removal and replacement are fast and easy. All you do is turn the clippers off, push the current blade back, pop it up, put on a new one and push it in.
* Cleaning is fairly straightforward.
* It doesn’t struggle with thick hair, cuts easily, no pulling whatsoever.
* You can cut your own hair with this device.
* It’s on the heavy side and a bit cumbersome to use compared to the lighter, cheaper models.
* Might not be too good for beginners as it takes MUCH practice to fine-tune your results; you’ll get better with practice.
* It doesn’t come with the numbered plastic combs; you have to purchase them separately.
* Does not come with a protective case or pouch but you can get yourself one.
* Is not battery-operated, the plugin only. Not convenient for a quick grab or shave.
* Requires a bit of maintenance, unlike other home buzzers. You have to properly oil and brush it like other professional-grade trimmers. This is to avoid rusty blades and keep the motor in tip-top condition
Your Turn to Decide
With the Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper, you really get what you pay for. It is a solid piece of professional equipment that makes barbing easy. No wonder it is endorsed and used by legions of barbers.
It is pricier than other models (which provide false savings and require regular replacements) but you can’t go wrong with this purchase. It is perfect for professionals and home users alike.
- Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500 Review
- Panasonic ER-GP80 K Professional Hair Clipper Review
- Oster Fast Feed Clipper Review
- Andis 01557 Master Hair Clipper Review
- Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper Review
- Remington SCC-100 Short Cut Clipper Review
- Andis 04710 T-Outliner Beard/Hair Trimmer Review
- Panasonic ER430K Vacuum Ear, Nose and Facial Hair Trimmer Review
- Wahl 79300 Color Pro Haircutting Kit Review
- 7 Best Body Hair Trimmers & Groomers 2021
- Andis Easy Cut 10-Piece Haircutting Kit Review
- Conair 20-Piece Lithium Ion Haircut Kit Review
- Old Spice Beard & Head Trimmer Review
- Review of Remington HC5550 Precision Power Haircut & Beard Trimmer
- Conair 22 Piece Rechargeable Haircut Kit Review
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.