Today in this fashionable world man’s prefer to look good with their beard. They all are so careful about their beard. And to make them stylish and fashionable they prefer to choose different styles of beard. At this present day, most of them are choose Goatee beard style.
Goatee has been the most followed type of beard for centuries now. People like going for different goatee styles because it is a cool and nice design, rather than having a full beard and it is easy to maintain. You just need to be careful for the first time while achieving any goatee look and after that its maintenance is easier.
Table of Contents
- 1 Now the question comes what is Goatee beard?
- 2 11 Different Goatee Looks
- 3 History of this Goatee beard style
- 4 Why is Goatee beard style liked among most of the people?
- 5 How can you understand this Goatee beard style suits you?
- 6 How to grow and groom your Goatee beard?
- 7 Some tips about this Goatee beard style
Now the question comes what is Goatee beard?
The Goatee is one of the famous beard styles. It is incorporating facial hair which is grown on man’s chin and mustache. This kind of beard style especially grows on the lower chin of lip. There is a specific measurement of this style that, its width is mostly the same as of the mouth. But its shape is in your hand. It can be a round shape or are vertical lines or can be slightly curved.
You may go through lots of different goatee designs every day and this is why it is most followed. Because goatee is of different types, each goatee type has its own look on your face, some designs of goatee suits round faces and another suit oval, oblong or square faces.
We have put together a list of 11 different goatee styles, go through these styles and choose any of them depending on which goatee style suits you the most.
11 Different Goatee Looks
The original or standard goatee style is just the same as shown above in the goatee picture. It goes from the area on chin exactly below the end of the mouth to the other end. You can say it is exactly of the same size as your mouth.
This type of goatee does not have a mustache with it but some people go for mustache as well, all this depends on how does it suit your face? with or without a mustache.
This goatee design keeps dark and thick. It covers all the areas surrounding your chin and mouth.
Full goatee has a mustache and is trimmed much in a round shape. It’s achieving may get a bit tough but is very easy to maintain. You can use Goatee Saver for such goatee.
This goatee is pretty much the same as the full goatee in shape but you have to keep your facial hair small in length and also do the trimming precisely for keeping it low and fine.
The mustache is also kept sleek and both the sides of the soul patch are extended as you can see in the goatee style picture above.
Landing Strip Goatee
This type of goatee starts from your soul patch and is elongated to the end of your chin as you can see above. It is very easy to maintain and you should not go for a mustache with such goatee styles.
In such a goatee type you need to remove all your facial hair except the end part of your chin as shown in the beard picture. It will give a better look if the hair is not left too long, you need to keep the hair in level and it is a great style for you then.
Try nor to go for this style with an elongated chin.
This type of goatee is kept thick and is not only bound to the chin, but it is also allowed to go beyond that. You need to trim your sideburns with this till the earlobe and also keep them thick.
A mustache is must with this goatee, without the mustache, it will not be the same as it looks in the pic above.
Van Dyke Goatee
Van Dyke is a type of goatee, the hair on chin wide in the middle and is narrowed towards the sides. It is incomplete without a mustache.
The mustache can be simple like above or it can long and twisted.
Also Read: 20 Different Beard Styles
This goatee is known as anchor goatee. It is very precisely designed and the mustache is also kept thin or you can call it a pencil mustache.
The Soul patch is a very simple goatee. The hair under your lower lip right at the center is called a soul patch. You can either keep it thick or thin depending on how best it suits you.
Imperial Napoleon III Goatee
This style should not be confused with Van Dyke because of its mustache. Long mustache is common in both but the beard on the chin is different.
In Van Dyke, the facial hair on the chin is spread horizontally while in imperial Napoleon III the facial hair is vertical starting from soul patch and ending either at the end of the chin or below your chin if you like it to hang around as shown above.
You will go through different goatee styles in the elongated category as well. Not all goatees are short and kept beard to face. One of the goatee designs is the elongated goatee.
It is elongated away from the chin in the shape of a cone or a flask. It gives a more classy look if you keep the cheeks hair too but trim them a little short.
History of this Goatee beard style
From all the decades, these Goatee styles come as the most talkative among the people. There come many criticisms about this style. It became mostly noticed in the 19th century. Around the time of American civil wars, these styles gain its most popular when Abraham Lincoln changed his Goatee in different styles and shapes during his presidency. The Goatee was not successful to hold its popularity until the 1940s. But it again holds its popularity in the 1960s. In the 1990s it became the most fashionable choice for men. And it remains its popularity till today.
Why is Goatee beard style liked among most of the people?
This Goatee style is now very much famous among the people. By nicely trimmed it looks good in most of the faces. Many famous people doing the experiment with their Goatee style and they all find their satisfaction with their style. With this Goatee style, people can easily get a fashionable look. This style will help to get perfect shape on the face and also help to give a dynamic look. For that reason, most of the people prefer to use this style for their facial hair.
How can you understand this Goatee beard style suits you?
The style you choose it depends on you only. Your face cutting your chin shape select whether you choose this Goatee style or not. Sometimes your hair color and your facial hair color complexion create an important effect on Goatee style. When you want a different look on your face and when you see all the facts will be matched with your face you can easily try this Goatee look.
How to grow and groom your Goatee beard?
If you are really thinking that you will pull off a Goatee look with your face and you really want to try a different look you just need to follow some steps. A perfect groomed Goatee will take some extra attention from you. Some extra care some extra practice to groomed your beard style will definitely add different confidence and a funky look on you.
For getting a perfect Goatee look you have to mainly follow some important steps,
Firstly you have to choose a specific style of Goatee.
1. For being Goatee look you have to be sure that your face is perfect for Goatee look. Who has a weak chin or who have the round shape face this is the perfect style for them. Goatee has versatility, so it looks good on many faces.
2. Another important point is that you have to remember the color contrast of your facial hair and hair. Your skin color and your facial hair color have to be ended with a perfect complexion which will help you to give a dramatic perfection.
3. In past years when anyone talked about Goatee people would understand that it is the facial hair grows off your chin and hanged like a goat. So traditionally the names became Goatee. But now there comes many styles and the different shapes in Goatee style. So you can choose a specific style for your Goatee which will match with your face properly.
For Make Goatee beard You Can Also Use Goatee Shaving Template:
Choosing Some Goatee Beard Style:
Van Dyke Style: You can select to grow Van Dyke which is the Goatee style with a disconnected mustache. If you want to be Van Dyke you should be smoothly cleaned shaved your rest of the chin. To maintain this style you have to be more careful and have to keep your patience and trim it regularly. By regularly trimming you will get a defined shape which is the main identification of this type of Goatee style.
Circle Beard: You also can select to grow a Circle Beard which is the Goatee style with a connected mustache with a fuller beard that will grow a circle around your mouth. If you have the square face or you have a softer jawline or if you want to cover up your chin breakouts then these types of styles are perfect for you.
Musketeer: Another style that you can select by growing a Musketeer which is the Goatee style combines with Hungarian mustache. It will give help you to give an aristocratic look. For this, you have to keep trim but one thing is you have to keep your Goatee a little longer. You can use a different conditioner or wax to maintain them well.
Secondly, you have to focus on growing your Goatee beard style.
1. After selecting a specific style the next thing you have to do is to let your facial hair growing. Before shaving or trimming for almost one week you should have some good growth which will give you a bushy look.
2. Now the thing you have to do is shaved an outline by trimming machine.
3. After getting an outline to start to shape your Goatee. Use a sharp and clean razor or you can use trimming tools.
Thirdly you have to keep trimming your Goatee beard style.
1. For getting a perfect Goatee you should have to keep trimming regularly.
2. Remember the rest of your face should have been cleaned shaved. In cleaned shaved face Goatee looked the best.
3. You have clean your Goatee regularly by beard shampoo and conditioner.
4. Last and the most important step are to stay yourself healthy to grow your Goatee, nice smooth, and thick.
Some tips about this Goatee beard style
1. Before trim use comb to avoid curled hair.
2. Always try to be careful about the right width. And you can easily measure it by smiling.
3. Both sides have to be matched for that reason every few minutes to check the mirror.
4. Use an electric trimmer.
5. For getting a finer shape you can use nose hair trimmer.
6. Always give the extra attention when you shaved near your Goatee.
All the different goatee designs mentioned above are the major goatee styles. Other goatees are derived from these styles. Stay tuned for more from us.
- 20 Best Beard Styles of 2021 | Long, Short, and Goatee
- Best Beard Styles For Men With Square, Oval And Round Faces
- 5 Best Well-Groomed Beard Styles for Men
- Detailed Guide on Shaping your Goatee
- Celebrity Beard Styles – How to Get?
- 5 Best Beard Styles to look Romantic and Appealing
- Top 10 Best Mustache Styles and How to Get Them On
- Complete Beard Style Guide to Styling Your Beard
- The Balbo Beard Style: How to Grow, Shave and Care?
- Van Dyke Beard Style: How to Grow, Groom and Care?
- 5 Best Electric Head Shaver for men 2021
- Skin Types for Men – What’s Yours? How to make it Healthy?
- 10 Best Mutton Chops Beard Style – The Most Unique and Friendly Style of Beard
- Trusted Skin Care and Shaving Tips for Sensitive Skin Men
- No Shave-November Details – The Ultimate Guide to Growing Beard