This Wahl product is great for home hair cuts. It comes recommended if you are on a budget and still want to look good. It enjoys rave reviews online (it’s the second best-selling product in Amazon’s Trimmers and Clippers category). It’s less expensive than other models but many consumers say it gets the job done. The Wahl 79300 Color Pro comes highly recommended for beginning barbers.
Table of Contents
This product has a 4.3 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon with 18955 reviews at the time of writing. It measures 9 x 6.2 x 10 inches and weighs 2 pounds (with a shipping weight of 2 pounds). It is made in the USA and from Wahl, a trusted brand. It has a 5-year limited warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Power and Performance
Unlike professional clippers that zap hair with just one pass, you do have to make multiple passes with the Wahl 79300 Color Pro to get all the hairs to even out. The motor is strong but cannot be compared to that of the Oster professional. It works for wet, thin and thick hair without pulling your hair. It uses a strong motor and cuts smooth and clean but it vibrates a lot. The engine has a bit of noise (not loud though) but it works just as it should: easy to clean, easy to set up, easy to use. Also, the colors and numbers really help when you are trying to find the right length.
This item boasts of high-carbon steel blades that sharpen themselves to stay sharp and fast. These can last a while but if you notice blades dulling just toss them and buy new ones. To keep them for a while, make sure the blades do not drop (as they tend to pack up after drops).
Design and Durability
The design is very fitting for your hands even though the buzzer is a little heavy. The clippers are made of metal and the grip is a hard plastic covering. The power cord has sufficient length and doesn’t really get in the way.
The guards feel very solid and fit tightly to the clippers. What I like about this Wahl is that it comes with a 1/16 size that is hard to find. Most kits stop at 1/8 size. The clipping guides are depth color-coded as to the length of cut. It has the adjustable taper lever which allows customization of cutting lengths.
It also comes with an ear trimmer guard and a graded guard to avoid leaving a clear line around the head. Combs are plastic and feel a little flimsy but they get the job done. The cutting heads can be replaced so this should last a while. It comes with some illustrated instructions and trimming scissors which you will find useful. This product can last a while if you maintain it well.
Accessories that Come with It
* Mc clipper
*12 colored guide combs
*English/Spanish instructions/Styling guide
*6 inches handled storage case
* Perfect for home use
* Portable enough to be carried on trips out of town
* The included instructions are helpful for beginners
* Great selection of colored guards to help those who have never cut hair before
* Excellent for clipping unwanted hair from any part of your body
* The cutting heads can be replaced
* Does not have heating issues
* Not made for professional use
* It is not made for dual voltage. It is designed for 110 -120v outlets; you may require an adaptor to use it in places where you have a higher voltage
* It vibrates if you don’t adjust the screw on the side. Just get a screwdriver and turn it slowly clockwise until it stops
* Packaging could be better
* Is not battery operated…plugin only. Not great for a quick shave
* Requires a bit of maintenance. You have to clean the blades and oil them every month
Your Turn to Decide
For the cost of a hair cut, you can buy the Wahl 79300-400 Color Pro 20 Piece Complete Haircutting Kit. If you spend $20 every fortnight on a hair cut, that’s roughly $240 yearly. For the price of ONE of these clippers (which comes with everything you need to give yourself a decent haircut) you will be saving around $220 in your first year of using this.
If you like great products that are inexpensive, pick up this Wahl product. It’s faster than going to the barber and certainly cheaper. It’s a must-have for guys on a budget and highly recommended for home use. This can also be used as a beard trimmer.
- Andis Easy Cut 10-Piece Haircutting Kit Review
- Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500 Review
- Conair 20-Piece Lithium Ion Haircut Kit Review
- Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman Beard Trimmer Review
- Remington MB4110 Beard Trimmer Stubble Kit Review
- Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman Beard and Mustache Trimmer Review
- Conair 22 Piece Rechargeable Haircut Kit Review
- Wahl 5537-1801 Beard Trimmer Review with Ear, Nose and Brow Trimmer
- How to Trim & Color Your Mustache
- Philips Norelco QG3270 Multigroom Pro Review
- How to Use an Electric Shaver Like a Pro
- Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clipper Review
- Andis 01557 Master Hair Clipper Review
- Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper Review
- Oster Fast Feed Clipper Review
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.